Wednesday, 17 February 2016

Mint Green Crate Nightstand

Have you seen all the amazing crate furniture on Pinterest? I might be a little late to the party but I'm so glad I finally showed up. For M's new room we struggled to find a nightstand we liked, so we decided to make one ourselves.



Supplies:
Crates
Paint and paint brush
Joiners, screws, and screw driver



First we painted the crates. They were rough but we decided against sanding them and instead embraced the rustic feel. We made sure to paint all sides except the bottom, which would be against the wall.



Once they were dry we debated sanding them again but, to be honest, we were lazy. Instead we just stacked them together and used the joiners to attach them. 



See how short those instructions are? That's how easy this project was. As I said above, I'm so glad we finally jumped on the crate furniture bandwagon.



Also, did you notice in the above picture the room is finished? It is, and she moved into it earlier this week. I need to catch up on posting our progress and I'm so excited to show you her finished room.

Shared at: A Creative Princess, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Making It In The Mountains, The Kolb Corner, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Diva's Run For Bling

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! So easy and simple. Just my style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute and easy DIY! I would change the color to match my decor but I love how many books this could store for me. :) Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fast and easy project, and I love he color you chose. Thanks for linking up to You're Gonna Love it! Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving it. I have a bunch of these, but they are just sitting around being boring. What a cute idea, and a really easy way to attach them.

    xoxo,
    Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).