Monday, 28 December 2015

Master Bedroom Mini Gallery Wall

I realize that this time of year I should be sharing my top posts or favourite posts or whatever and I will, just not tonight. Tonight I'm so excited to share a my mini gallery wall (and the shift in thinking behind it). I only finished it a few minutes ago and took pictures, and am so thrilled that I just can't wait.



The catalyst for this mini gallery wall, and shift in mindset, has come from the realization that I'm an "partially done" person. I have so many projects, rooms, and even sets of posts that are sort of done, and it's making me crazy. It seems like every year I set a new goal, partially finish it, and then abandon it. This year, I've decided that instead of starting new things I'm going to focus on getting things crossed off my list. 

To start, I tackled my master bedroom. 

What I've done:
painted the walls (although I don't love the colour),
painted the headboard
bought new bedding
made a pillow cover (that doesn't match at all)
made curtains (using a second set of bedding)
added some art and accessories


Before - You can see the art and photo that are now in the gallery wall.

Before - The wall with the painting is where the gallery wall is located.

What I still need to do: 
create a mini gallery wall
paint the nightstands
make some pillow covers
find / redo some lamps
find / make a large art piece over the bed
make an "established in..." sign

Now, on to the reason you're here - the mini gallery wall. 

When I was at ikea a few weeks ago (it's a two hour drive each way so I don't go often) I bought a Ribba ledge and a couple Ribba frames to go on it. Spurred on by my new goal of finishing things, I decided to stop thinking about it and get it done.



J hung the ledge and I set about decorating it. The painting is one I did in art class that was sitting on the headboard. The two smaller frames are new pieces. M (my stepdaughter) made the brown design for me yesterday. Isn't it incredible? Her talent amazes me! The "i love us" is a free printable from eighteen25 which I had printed at Costco.

Last but not least, I took our wedding picture that was beside the window and hung it above the two smaller frames. It's in a frame we bought when we were visiting the town where we got married. I think it works well with the other pieces, and I love having a piece hung above the pictures on the ledge.



Isn't it pretty? It's directly across from our bed, so it's what I see when I'm lying there and I love it! 

My one dislike is that, even though it's a Ribba ledge and Ribba frames, the frames are a little wobbly. It's hard to make them balance so they're leaned back but if they stand up straight they're too easy to bump off. I'm thinking perhaps a command strip on the bottom of each will help.

Shared at: A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Diana Rambles, Life on Lakeshore Drive, What Meegan Makes, The Kolb Corner, Making It In The Mountains, Sugar Bee Crafts, 24 Cottonwood Lane

3 comments:

  1. I was going to recommend a command strip, but you beat me to it. Recently I bought some adhesive putty so that might work too. Anyway, you've done a lot Al, and everything is looking great!

    I'm the opposite of you. I can't move on to something unless I've finished whatever it is I'm working on, I guess I'm a little ocd ;)

    Hope you had a great holiday, and all the best to you in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great to me! I love the all white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you and have a ton of half done projects. Your mini gallery wall looks great and you did a nice job putting it all together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).