Friday, 18 September 2015

Painters Tape Art

Um, hey. Remember me? I'm finally back and have an awesome, easy project to share with you today. 



We're doing intervention blocks at school this year and for students who aren't claimed, one of the options is a craft. As you can imagine, I'm pretty excited about getting to craft with my students every week. When I was looking for an activity I could do with some students, this seemed like a cheap, doable idea. 

Before doing this with students, I made sure we had the supplies we needed at school and made a couple samples to show them. I also brought my first painters tape art (which still hangs in my living room) to show them. As well, I typed up and printed a powerpoint slide with the instructions to scatter around our workspace.



Supplies:
Canvas
Painters tape or masking tape
Paint
Paintbrush
Water and paper towel
Instructions (if doing this with a group)
Scrap paper or a table cloth (if you want to protect you surface)


Step 1: Place the tape.



Step 2: Paint. To minimize bleeding you should start on the tape and work your way to the centre. If you change colours, wash your brush and dry it in a paper towel.

Step 3: Remove your tape.



This went really well with the students and they all went home with a fun, new piece of art.

Also, I need to give credit to some amazing blogs. The pictures from the bottom of my powerpoint instructions came from the following blogs, listed from left to right.


3 - The link I have is broken. If you have a link, please send it to me.


Do you have any great projects to do with teenagers? I'd love suggestions!

Featured at:

Shared at: Life on Lakeshore Drive, Natasha in Oz, What Meegan Makes, Create With Joy, Made in a Day, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Just a Girl and Her Blog, A Creative Princess

6 comments:

  1. Very eye-catching! I saw your project at Natasha's party and loved it! Would be delighted if you shared it at our Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy! (http://create-with-joy.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I did this with my Kindergarteners last year and it turned out so cool. :) Great instructions and photos!

    Found you via Merry Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picturing an awful lot of kids have some pretty cool pieces of artwork hanging in their rooms right about now ;).

    Welcome back Al!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this art project :-) I did something similar on the walls in my craft room. A tip to keep the paint from bleeding - after you finish taping off the canvas, cover the entire canvas with a coat of white paint and let dry. This seals the edges along the tape. As soon as your painting is finished, remove the tape while the paint is still wet. Your lines will come out crisp and clean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alison,

    I'm so glad you shared this with us! Congrats - you are one of our Featured Guests at this week's Inspire Me Monday party at Create With Joy! #195

    I hope you'll join us again and check out our other parties as well - would love to have you as part of our creative community!

    Have an amazing week! :-)

    Create With Joy
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thank you for sharing this interesting and informative article, painting with airless spray gun will be faster and more interesting!
    regards,
    Paint Spray Gun

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).