Monday, 21 September 2015

Minion Mini Cupcakes

This summer I decided to jump on the minion bandwagon. I've never really understand the appeal of them, but I had my dear friend and her daughters coming to visit this summer. It was just before their birthdays, which are only a week apart) and they were turning 3 and 5 so I wanted to do something to celebrate with them.



If you came here looking for a fancy recipe, you will be disappointed. Just putting that out there. To make these, I used a boxed cake mix (gluten free, dairy free of course) and made plain vanilla icing. 


However, to make them more minion-y I added some food colouring: blue for the cupcakes, yellow for the icing.


Then I added some of these super delicious, pure sugar candy minion pieces I found at Michaels. I didn't realize they still made these candy pieces and I'd forgotten how yummy they are.


I realize these are not fancy pictures, but enjoying the cupcakes was more important than taking pretty pictures. The girls (and their mom and I) loved the cupcakes and, more importantly, I loved how excited they were about having an early birthday celebration.


While my friend was visiting, we also did some canning and I'll share the jalapeƱo jelly with you soon. In the mean time, if you want to see some other projects I've done with and/or for this friend, check these out. 

2 comments:

  1. Your minion cupcakes are cute and fun and made with love - that's what it's all about :-)

    I'm actually a minions fan, I think they're hilarious! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! You did a fabulous job.

    Thanks for linking up to the #sundaysdownunder link up. I've pinned your post.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).