Sunday, 12 July 2015

How To Slice A Watermelon

Summer has arrived and I could not be more grateful. It was quite the year - school was very challenging and I was dealing with some medical issues - and it absolutely exhausted me mentally, physically, and emotionally. Then, because I'm a genius, I decided to spend the first two weeks of my official holidays living in a hotel and marking provincial exams. In what world did I think 12 days of essay marking would be a good idea? 



I know that some people think teachers have it easy with summers off but I think those people are horribly mistaken. By the end the school year I'm an absolutely mess and need this time to recover. Honestly, I've given so much to my kids all year that I need some serious me time. While I plan on spending my summer getting things done, I've been spending my first couple days binge watching Orange Is The New Black and eating copious amounts of watermelon.

Which brings me to the reason for this post: how to cut a watermelon. I recently learned that I've been doing it all wrong, and figured I can't be the only one.



First I cut the watermelon in half. Lay it face down and cut off the edges.



Next slice the entire watermelon one way.



Then slice it the other way. Normally I put it in the container as I slice it but I left it all on the cutting board so you could see.



Seriously, it's that easy. I realize this may not seem like a big thing but it's fantastic. Give it a try. I promise, you'll love it. Also, the picture above is a lie. I've eaten about 7 times that much… since this morning… 


Featured at Diana Rambles

Shared at: Sew Much Crafting, My Pinterventures, A Stroll Thru Life, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Diana Rambles, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Natasha in Oz, What Meegan Makes, Nibbles By Nic, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster

4 comments:

  1. This is a good way to slice a watermelon for little hands to hold! Thanks for sharing with us at the Merry Monday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit that sometimes I avoid buying watermelon just because I don't want to cut it. But this little tip could be life changing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. uh...ya. I've been cutting watermelon wrong too! Thanks for the tip. I do get some rest. Teachers give so much of themselves all year. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's little tips like this that can make life easier (and safer!).

    Thanks for sharing AL, and enjoy your well deserved time off this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).