Sunday, 19 July 2015

Circle Wall Hanging

Do you ever spend ages looking for something, only to find it after you've given up hope that it existed? That's exactly what happened with this project. 


    
I wanted something with circles for above the bed in the guest room. I'd pinned several pictures and had looked every time I went shopping since I started the room but everything I found was either not quite right or way too expensive. 



Last week I decided if I wanted it I was going to have to make it myself. I explained to J what I wanted and we brainstormed what material to use. I went to the city yesterday to run some errands and, while I was there, I planned to go to Home Depot and get what I needed. 



Thankfully I went to Winners first because I saw exactly what I'd been looking for. The best part? $39.99. When I brought it home, J even commented that it's almost exactly like my drawing.


The one hitch was the colour but that was an easy fix. A few coats of silver spray paint and it was perfect. 



These dings and dents might be damage or they might be part of the design. Either way, I really love the texture they add.



I let it dry overnight and hung it the next day. I love the pop of silver against the beige walls, and the circles are a nice contrast to the squares in the quilt. 

Shared at: What Meegan Makes, The Kolb Corner, A Stroll Thru Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Fluster Buster, Natasha in Oz

5 comments:

  1. What an easy update! Thank you so much for linking up to Merry Monday this week! I am sharing your post today on our Pinterest Board! We hope to see you next week for another great party! Have a great week!
    Best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulously easy update, and how lucky that you found it just in the knick of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allison,
    I wonder what materials you used for the circles? I love how this project turned out and had been wanting also to make a project somewhat like this.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY like this one. This kind of thing requires true vision. Great job Allison.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).