Friday, 29 May 2015

Simple Scrapbooking: Layout 1 - Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Now that you know the supplies I use for scrapbooking, it's time to share some pages.



One type of page that I make quite frequently is my least fancy. For the sake of simplicity (and because I'm really tired) I blurred any people and pets in the picture, rather than trying to remember who would be fine with the pictures being posted and who would prefer not to be shown. I've also blurred out my writing but left it smudgy so you can see where it is.




For this kind of page I only add pictures and writing, usually with a few stickers to fill in any blank space. I use a slicer or scissors to cut the photos and attach them with glue tape.



For the writing I always include the date - sometimes the actually date and sometimes just the month and year. I sometimes include a title, and I usually include a short writeup about the day/activities/places shown in the photos. If it's part of a two-page spread, I may only write on one page.




How much I cut the photos depends on how many I'm putting on a page. Sometimes I only cut 1/8 inch off the side and top, and sometimes I cut much more. I do like the spacing to be consistent between the pictures on a page (except where I'm writing) so I keep that in mind when cutting. Occasionally I don't cut them at all.



        
Hopefully you're starting to see that scrapbooking really doesn't have to be complicated to be something special. These simple pages are fairly quick to put together, can hold quite a few pictures, and are a great way to capture some special days.


Other posts in the series:

3 comments:

  1. I have so many scrapbooking supplies, but it's always a project for 'some day', which probably will never come :(. Have you ever heard of Project Life? I may try to get into something like that to cut down on the amount of cutting/pasting/designing, etc. involved.


    Have a great week AI, and thank you for stopping by. Always great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up to to #Merrymonday Linky party! I'm sharing your post on Pinterest! Have a great week!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Scrapbooking is fun because it really can be as easy or hard as you want to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).