Saturday, 14 March 2015

Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy Book Club

This month it was my turn to host book club and our novel (as you probably figured out from the title of this post) was Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Have you read it? I hadn't, nor had I seen the movie. It was odd but I actually didn't hate it, which surprised me because I'm not a fan of science fiction. I would even consider reading more of the series. Then I watched the movie which made me sad because that was not how I pictured the depressed robot. Anyway, I digress.



For book club I wanted to decorate for the novel but in a simple, tasteful way. I went online and found the quote, printed it off, and popped it in a frame. I stood the frame on my towel (because you should never be without your towel) and voila, my decorating was done. Sorry but I didn't make note of where I found the image.



As for the snacks, they're all things I can eat (gluten and dairy free), and I tried to have lots of healthy choices so I wouldn't be tempted by the leftovers. The hummus and salsa were both store bought, as were fruit, veggies, chips, crackers and tortillas. I made a giant batch of Texas Caviar and enjoyed the remainder of the batch all week. The Carob Chip Squares and Peanut Butter Oatmeal Carob Chip Cookies were both homemade as well.



We're always looking for suggestions for books to read. If you have any, I'd love to hear them. Unless they're science fiction, in which case I've had my fill for the next year… or 42.



Shared at: What Meegan Makes, Sew Much Crafting, My Pinterventures, Kathe With An E, A Creative Princess

3 comments:

  1. Ok, now I'm trying really hard to remember a few books I've read that I loved and I can't! How pathetic is that?? My mind is going...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read the book, but the movie was pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea!! A book club sounds so nice. Sadly, I haven't read a book in FOREVER since my daughter has been born! Ha! Thanks for sharing with us at Motivational Monday! We'd love to have you back again on Sunday at 6pm! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).