To start I dug out some Ikea Ram frames that we had at school. I don't know if they still sell them or not.
I took a book and cut some pages into pieces (which was very hard for me to do), making sure not all pieces were the same shape. I then started attaching pieces of paper with modge podge using a sponge brush. I worked in small sections because it made life easier, and turned the pages slightly so the text wasn't all straight.
Next I turned the frame around so I was looking at the back, cut the pieces to the proper length to fold around the frame, and used more mode podge to attach the paper. Again, I worked in small sections.
I repeated the same thing with the other edge. I'm finding it hard to explain what I did but hopefully the pictures clarify my meaning.
It took me a while to find my groove but once I did, while it was time consuming, wrapping the frames was pretty easy. Once they were all wrapped and the modge podge was dry, I gave the entire frame another coat of mode podge.
I'm totally going to toot my own horn on this one - I think they look fantastic. The book pages were perfectly suited to the event and they added just the right amount of detail and interest.