Tuesday, 23 December 2014

Runners Tell All: 2014 Recap and 2015 Goals

It's time for the final Runners Tell Amanda @ The Lady Okie and Becky @ Sunshine to the Square Inch. While I haven't always linked up, I've enjoyed reading the posts every month and didn't want to miss the last one. This month's topic was a 2014 recap and goals for 2015.



This is my first full year of running (how cool is that?!) and I'm hooked. I completed several 5 ks - both fun runs and timed runs - and my very first 10 k at the Calgary Marathon.  Most recently J and I did the Santa Shuffle, which was a super fun 5k run, complete with santa hats and reindeer antlers.

I've continued on my journey to get healthy and running has definitely helped with that: I'm losing weight, I'm being active, I'm eating better and I'm using running as a coping strategy for stress. I don't track distances or times so I don't have any impressive stats but to me the benefits I'm seeing are much more important than any numbers.


My awesome new shirt from mama. Love it!

This year my goal is simple: keep running. No times, no distance, no specific races, no pressure. I don't want to make too many plans because I fear that will take away the pleasure and relaxation I get from running so the only plan I'm making is to continue doing what I'm currently doing as long as I enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go! Running is such a good way to relax. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on running! I am sure you will be very successful next year. I am visiting from the very same link up and commenting per the link up rules. estherdavison@gmail.com (sorry my blogger account is not linked up to my email any more.) Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, I love that shirt! Congratualtions on your first year of running. Here's to a great year in 2015 :) thanks for being a supporter of our linkup this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).