Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Runner Tell All: Most Memorable Running Moment

It's time again for the monthly link up from Amanda at The Lady Okie and Becka at Sunshine to the Square Inch. This month the topic is My Most Memorable Running Moment.

I've been thinking about this post for a while and was having a hard time picking just one moment. Maybe it's because I haven't been running for a very long time but I feel like all my races (and some of my training runs) have been memorable. Because of that I decided not to pick one but instead to share with you how I remind myself of my running accomplishments.



Please excuse the poor pictures. It's evening and very difficult to take nice pictures of a hallway when it's dark.

Last year, after running our first 10k at the Calgary Marathon, we received our first medals. I'm not sure why but none of the local runs hand out finishers medals and I'm way too slow to place in the top and earn one. Anyway, because I was so excited that we had medals, I made this medal holder to display them. You can check out the tutorial here if you'd like to make your own.



While trying to decide where to hang my medals I felt like I was hit by a wave of genius, in the form of a way to remember my running successes and to address our long, empty hallway. I spraypainted a picture frame and added one photo from every race J and I have participated in. As we participate in a new race, I add a new photo. Right now we still have two empty spaces (currently filled with brown card stock) but they should be full by the spring, at which point I'll add a new frame.

As I said, this doesn't exactly show my most memorable moment but seeing it daily reminds me of how far I've come and how much farther (pardon the pun) I'd like to go.

Shared at: Natasha in Oz, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Kathe With An E, 4 You With Love

5 comments:

  1. This is really cool! I have been wanting to get a medal hanger for my medals, but never thought about making one! I'll have to check out your tutorial!! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for memorializing your shared race memories! My husband and I pin our race bibs, from races we've run together, on a bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should call this your "running wall of fame". This is a great way to record running memories! I agree with you that so many running moments are memorable, it's hard to pick just one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun medal holder! I love it! Great way to celebrate your accomplishment. I agree with Miss Nutralicious :) Running wall of fame!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once you have a runner in the family the medals do start to stack up. My husband ran in various events for about 5 years and we have a box full, t-shirts too and loads of photos. I love the idea of displaying them nicely.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).