Sunday, 5 October 2014

French Chicken - Slow Cooker Freezer Meal

Now that I've been using it for over a month, I'm wondering why I waited so long to buy a slow cooker. Seriously, it's amazing how easy it is to put a couple bags in the freezer on the weekend and pull them out on days when I have meetings and will be late.



One recipe that we've had several times and both enjoy is French Chicken from Over The Big Moon. The only change I make from the original recipe is to use different brand names in order to make it gluten-free/dairy-free and cheaper. 



First I labeled my bags: name, cooking instructions, and date. I make two bags at a time. Then I added all my ingredients, splitting the french dressing equally between the two bags and adding four chicken breasts to each.


I cook it on high for 4 hours and serve it with rice and frozen veggies. I do have to prepare the rice when I get home but if I put it on when I come through the door, it's ready by the time I've changed and put my school stuff away.




I thought about doing one of those "800 slow cooker meals in 40 minutes" posts (ok, that might be a slight exaggeration) but I don't want to share it if J and I don't enjoy it. That means one recipe at a time. We've had a couple meals that we won't make again (and one we couldn't even eat the first time) but I'll save those for another post. 

4 You With Love Party Thyme

Shared at: Lines Across, My Pinterventures, Kathe With An E, A Stroll Thru Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Upcycled Treasures, A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love, Glitter, Glue, and Paint, Diana Rambles, Serenity You

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love freezer crock pot meals, so I'm glad to have a new recipe to add to my list! Pinned and tweeted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love my crock pot and was just trying to think of a good chicken recipe, so this is perfect! Found you on Merry Monday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The CP is seriously the best. So easy! I have a few CP meals that I love. This one looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy! I need to use my slow cooker more often.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks yummy! Easy freezer meals are the best. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly what you mean! There are times when I don't use my slow cooker for months, then I kinda hit my head like the V8 commercial and get back on the program!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am always looking for chicken recipes and if they go in the crock pot, all the better.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this recipe! We featured it at The Project Stash! Stop by tonight at 8:00 pm to grab your featured button & join us again this week! http://www.4you-withlove.com/2014/10/6-slow-cooker-recipes-and-project-stash.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).