Thursday, 4 September 2014

Smushed Paint Artwork

Another project I've completed for the guest room is this smushed paint artwork. I'm going to be upfront with you; I don't like it. I think the colours make it look like something from the 80s and it just isn't working for me. With that said, I think with different colours or on a smaller scale is has a lot of potential so I decided to share. The idea came from Claudia at Peep My Style and her pieces look fantastic.



Supplies:
Large paper (I used bristol board)
Paint
Spoons
Garbage bag

This project is so simple a tutorial is hardly needed, but here it is anyway. I accidentally deleted pics for steps one and two. Sorry.

Step 1: Lay out the paper on a flat surface. I laid a garbage bag on my table under the paper so I could get a little messy.

Step 2: Use a spoon to splatter paint on the paper.

Step 3: Press the two sheets of paper together, being sure to rub them well and not to move or smudge them.



Step 4: Peel them apart, let them dry, and you're done. Or if you're me you decide adding more paint will make them better.



Step 4.5: Repeat steps two, three, and four. 



Step 5: Wait for the pictures to dry and hang them up. 



I thought maybe they'd grow on me but they haven't so they'll be getting redone when I'm feeling inspired.



Shared at: Natasha in Oz, Life on Lakeshore Drive, What Meegan Makes, My Pinterventures, Upcycled Treasures, Home Coming, Fluster Buster, A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love

5 comments:

  1. What a cool technique! I wanna try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting technique and nearly foolproof! Now that you know what you don't like about it, I bet the next one will be exactly what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Seems foolproof, but with my craft-impairment you never know! Pinned it. Found you on Bouquet of Talen link party and started following on Google +.
    Erin
    http://theeveryday-mom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an easy project. I love the "technique"!
    Saw you at the Say G'Day link party.

    Val @ artsybuildinglady

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).