Wednesday, 10 September 2014

Honey Garlic Chicken - Slow Cooker Freezer Meal

I have exciting news: I bought a crock pot. Ok, that may not be exciting to you but I'm thrilled. I actually had a tiny one before but never used it so I'm definitely a newbie. I decided it would be a good way to eat less takeout on days when I know I'll be late from school.



For my first recipe I made Honey Chicken from Six Cents. I followed the recipe quite closely. The only changes I made were using 1 tbsp of minced garlic and 1 tsp of ground ginger instead of fresh.

First I labeled my bags: name, cooking instructions, and date. Then I added four chicken breasts to each bag.



Next I mixed all the wet ingredients in a bowl and dividing the mixture between two bags. 



To cook I pulled this from the freezer and put the frozen contents of the bag and one cup of water in the crock pot.



I cooked the meal on low for seven hours and the chicken was so cooked it was starting to fall apart.

Because it's just the two of us, each bag is enough for two meals. I served this with rice and corn, and made enough rice for tomorrow. All I'll have to prepare tomorrow is a veggie side and it'll be ready to eat.

I have to admit that I was skeptical about slow cooker freezer meals but this one is great. Even my picky-eater husband said it was a "make again". 

If you have any great crockpot freezer meals, feel free to send the recipes my way!

Shared at: A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love, Natasha in Oz, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Belle of the Kitchen, My Pinterventures, What Meegan Wants, Lines Across, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, Delicious and DIY, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Sugar Bee Crafts, Home Coming, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Serenity You

3 comments:

  1. Every time around this year I feel the need to make freezer meals. I think I'm getting ready to hibernate lol! I've done quite a bit of freezer type meals and my favorites are the dump bags where everything just goes right into the crock pot. And this sounds like a winner :) I LOVE honey chicken! Adding it to my freezer meal list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe looks simple and delicious. I haven't tried to many freezer meals but I always love a good crockpot recipe. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I know what I will be making this weekend. Love easy chicken dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).