Saturday, 13 September 2014

Herringbone Art

I recently made another piece of artwork for my guest room and it might be my favourite piece I've ever made. It took a lot of time and was very tedious but I'm thrilled with the results.



For this piece I used acrylic paint, paper meant for used with acrylic paint, a paint tray, and fine-tipped paint brushes.



The pictures taken in progress were taken with my cell phone in dim light. Sorry.



To paint I started with the left and went in horizontal rows, using one brush per colour so I didn't have to worry about cleaning the brush after each colour. I wasn't really picky about my vertical lines but used a piece of paper as a guide to keep them fairly straight.


Once it was finished I put it in a classic white Ikea frame. I'm excited that the guest room is coming together, piece by piece, and I can't wait to get it all done.

10 comments:

  1. This turned out so cute! Going to share it on my Facebook page this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. You should definitely link your project on Link It or Lump It Party which is currently live. Hope to see you there http://www.deliciousanddiy.com/2014/09/14/guest-host-link-it-or-lump-it-party/

    ReplyDelete
  3. DIY art is the best! I'd love you to share it at Outside {the Box} link party Tuesday 5pm EST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the way this turned out! Pinning it to our Monday Funday board!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful! The mat really finishes it off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely, simple and effective. I imagine is was almost meditative as you slowly built up the design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute! Thank you for sharing! I've been looking for new art to make for my living room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute. Love making wall art...it's so much more personal and just makes you feel good. Thanks for sharing on Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking to Create Link Inspire at The Crafty Blog Stalker. You have been featured and pinned! Thank you for sharing.
    –Katie, TheCraftyBlogStalker.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so adorable! I swear I thought it was fabric!! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).