Saturday, 27 September 2014

Colour Burst Art

I've been spending some more time working on my guest room and finished another small, simple painting.



I started by drawing lines from a point to the edges of my paper, spacing them based on what I found to look good.



I then painted the lines using the same colours and my herringbone art.



Once it was dry I put it in an Ikea mat and frame, and then found it a home on the nightstand.



Unfortunately after this piece I lost my art-mojo. I've started and abandoned several additional pieces and have decided to leave painting for a while and move on to other projects.

Shared at: Life on Lakeshore Drive, Lines Across, My Pinterventures, Kathe With An E, A Stroll Thru Life, Sugar Bee Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Upcycled Treasures, A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love, Glitter, Glue, & Paint, Diana Rambles, Serenity You

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I love it. I can never come up with these types of crafts that are easy yet have kind of a wonderful impact.

    Sarah @ Backwoods Babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great :) I hear you on loosing your mojo for one craft media and starting another for a bit, happens to me all the time. When you are ready, inspiration will strike!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. It's so simple yet so cute! I love it for my stepdaughters room!
    Thanks for linking up at Merry Mondays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).