Tuesday, 8 July 2014

New Entrance Art

One of the spaces that first won my heart when buying my first house was the entrance. I loved (and still love) the brightness of the space, along with the practicality of the storage. Recently I decided it needed a little refreshing.



I first made an exciting trip to ikea (it's two hours each way so it's a big deal) and picked up, among other things, a couple white Ribba frames for the space. Next I made my own home sweet home printable, which I had printed at Costco. There's a tutorial here in case you want to make your own.

Please ignore the "yolo" on the whiteboard.
The step kids wrote it and I can't bring myself to erase it.

Then I waited for my custom city map from JennaSueDesigns to arrive. As a side note, I really dislike ordering things from the U.S.; the duty gets me every time. Anyway, Isn't it beautiful? I love it! Just so you know, this isn't a sponsored post and I didn't receive any compensation for this. I just really love my map and want to share. Given that J and I met and began our life together in this town but plan on moving (hopefully in another 3 years), I think this is a great piece to have to remember where we started.



I'm a little embarrassed to admit that these pieces sat in D's room for several weeks until I finally hung them up. Just a quick trick, in case you haven't seen it before - if you're struggling with placement, play around with paper the size of the frame. It'll help you find the placement you want without making holes in the wall.



I love how bold these pieces are. They add a nice pop to the entrance and make me happy to be home sweet home.

Shared at: Ginger Snap Crafts, Someday Crafts, The Happy Housie, A Creative Princess, Glitter, Glue & Paint, Artsy Fartsy Mama, The Happy Scraps, Natasha in Oz, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, My Pinterventures, Echoes of Laughter, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts

3 comments:

  1. I love them, especially the map! Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. A city map for some wall art is such a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are really cute and they do add a bright pop of color! I wish my entrance was that bright ~ ours is south facing but doesn't seem to get any light... Thank you so much for sharing at Merry Monday Linky! I hope you come and visit us again next week (Sunday at 6pm PST)! Julia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).