Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Flowering Bracelet Tutorial

On Saturday I showed your my pieces for the 8th Annual Bead Soup. The piece that was the hardest for me to make and the most outside my comfort zone was the flowering bracelet, so I decided to make a tutorial.

 

I cheated a little bit by using a chain that already had jump rings on each hole. I'm sure there's a fancy name for it but I don't know what it is. I cut it to the right length and attached my clasp.


Next I started preparing my flowers. My soup partner, Elaine, made these which absolutely blows my mind. They're so pretty and detailed. You can check out her shop at her blog. For each flower I put two seed beads on a head pin, then the flower, the made a loop on the back of the flower.




Next I opened the jump rings on the chain and attached a flower on every fifth ring. I alternated the light, medium, and dark blue flowers.




Next I prepared my small blue beads by using a head pin to make a loop on each one. I attached two blue beads between each set of flowers, alternating between the first and fourth bead, and then the second and third bead.


Once my blue beads were in place, I repeated the same process, adding one rust bead and one white bead in each section.



Once the bracelet was finished, I made matching earrings using some left over beads. 



I'm glad the Bead Soup Blog Party pushed me outside my comfort zone! It was quite an enjoyable challenge and I can't wait for next year!

Shared at: Fluster Buster, Tiny Sidekick, A Creative Princess, Glitter, Glue and Paint, A Conquered Mess, Diana Rambles, Natasha in Oz, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive

9 comments:

  1. What an incredibly sweet set; really wearable, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love jingly bracelets and this one just screams "summer". Your tutorial was easy and I'm adding it to my list of great things to make. Thanks for sharing. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful flowers jewelery! I love the earrings! Thanks for sharing!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty!! Found you from Say G'Day Saturday!! Glad I did.

    I'd love it if you would link up to my party!! http://3glol.net/2014/05/12/teach-me-tuesday-3/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! And thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got an error so don't think my comment was left correctly. I just wanted to say how beautiful this is and how lovely those amazing little flowers are. Apologies if you get this twice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing this at the Say G'day party. I've just pinned this and shared on G+.

    Thanks for joining in with the linky party too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really Soup-er Sweet! Yep, I'm still hopping! Don't want to miss a thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).