Sunday, 27 April 2014

Bead Soup - My First Time

Last year was the first time I'd ever heard of bead soup. Nat from North Shore Days (one of my favourite blogs!) shared the beautiful jewelry she'd made and it caught my attention so this year when the time to sign up came around, I quickly jumped on board. 



Here's the scoop. The bead soup I've signed up for is hosted by Lori at Pretty Things and I think she's pretty amazing for doing this! Once signed up, Lori gives each of us a partner. We send our partner a selection of beads including a focal and clasp, and they do the same. We then work with the beads we were given (plus others we add if we want) to create a new piece or pieces. 


quartz, aventurine, and fluorite beads, and the clasp

I'm paired with Elaine from Too Aquarius who actually makes her own clay polymer beads. I was so excited to open my package and see all the goodies inside!


handmade carved polymer clay beads




I'm amazed by the handmade carved beads she sent. They're incredibly detailed and each one is so unique. Also, I've never worked with clay beads before so it was a fun challenge to go outside my comfort zone.


charms

In case you're curious, the picture below shows the beads I sent to Elaine. I can't wait to see what she creates with them.



I've already made a few pieces and I'm planning on making a few more before the reveal. Don't forget to stop back on Saturday. I'm excited to show you what I've created!

Shared at: A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tiny Sidekick, Belle of the Kitchen, Fluster Buster, Sew Much Crafting, Ginger Snap Crafts, Natasha in Oz, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow your beads are gorgeous Al, I cant wait to see what you make with them

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!!!The polymer clay beads are awesome!Happy creating!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea. I love her beads. It my make me want to learn.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've never heard of bead soup. Cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).