Monday, 17 March 2014

Spray Painted Flower Pot

Things have been quite different around here lately, as we’ve gone from two dogs to one. It was truly one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life but we rehomed Benson. Ever since Raven’s horrible attack (which you can read about here), things have been rough and we felt it was best to find him a home where he could have the time and attention he deserves while we continue to work through Raven’s issues. We worked closely with a rescue organization and he is now enjoying life with a wonderful new family but I still miss him like crazy.



Anyway, this story is a long-winded lead in to my newly painted flowerpot. Going from two to one means one less bed and no kennel in the living room so I did some rearranging. One I’d finished rearranging I had the perfect spot to put a new, tall plant.


I was able to find this beautiful blue flower pot at Walmart (not a sponsored post) but it was a little too blue. Does that even make sense? Anyway, I decided I could fix it up with a little white spray paint.


I took it outside and sprayed  around the top of the pot, holding the can about 6 inches away from the pot. I was careful to do quick, light coats so I didn't get drips in my paint and I didn't tape it off so I got a nice fade, as opposed to a harsh line.


It's now nestled on top of a speaker in the corner, by Raven's nice new bed. I really love the pop of colour and height it adds to the corner.


And because I started off telling you about Benson, it seems only fitting to share a couple pictures. I miss this little guy but I'm glad he's doing well and I really think we did what was best for both he and Raven.

8 comments:

  1. I love the two tone flower pot. Great improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You turned it into a totally different piece, absolutely beautiful! Great work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the 2 toned color, and not using tape was the perfect way to achieve the fade. Pinning! I hope you'll link this up to our All Things Thursday Blog Hop.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful - never would have guessed it was spray paint...so soft and ethereal on the top!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flower pot looks lovely! sorry about the troubles with your pets, so hard!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! This post will be featured over at Diana Rambles tomorrow and has been pinned in the Featured at Diana Rambles board at Pinterest, Tweeted, and Recommended on G+. Please grab a featured button off my sidebar or via the link under the features. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).