Sunday, 9 March 2014

Painted Picture Frames


You may remember a couple of these frames from when I painted them a while ago. When I photographed them I noticed the white didn't look like a true white. At first I was fine with it but over time it really came to bug me so I decided to give them a fresh coat of paint.

before
I started by repainting the two white frames with a truer white, the silver/gold/gross (depending on the light) frame a nice silver and the blue frame with a rich navy.


Then I decided to add some detail to one of the frames. I was inspired both by all the colour blocking and dip dying I've seen lately. I started by painting the navy straight across the bottom third but it didn't look right. Next I painted the navy on an angle, which looked better. No matter how many times and how many brushes I tried, the texture of the frame was making a clean line impossible so I used a dark brown paint marker to draw a thin line between the white and the navy.


I've never asked permission to post photos of our grandparents here.
Hence the squares.
Just a few colours of paint and half an hour and my picture frames have all look new again. I still don't love the two square ones but at least they look better until I find ones that are more suitable. I especially love the navy-brown-white frame. The navy helps ground the frame while the white keeps it light. Plus with a photo of my adorable nephew in the frame, how could it not look cute?


Shared at: Kathe With An E, A Stroll Thru Life, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., Home Coming, Sugar Bee Crafts, Ginger Snap Crafts, Fluster Buster, Tiny Sidekick, A Creative Princess

3 comments:

  1. I love these, how creative. The two colors is absolutley perfect. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color blocking! Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).