Friday, 21 February 2014

Cozy and Warm Knit Infinity Scarf


      
Remember when I tried my hand at arm knitting? Even though it was a failure, I still wanted a thick, cozy infinity scarf. I went looking and found a free pattern for this Gap-tastic Cowl by Jen.  


There was one problem with the pattern – I don’t know how to knit with a circular needle and I didn’t want the scarf to have a visible join. Instead of trying to learn I asked my aunt to knit it for me. My mom picked up the beautiful wool and my aunt knit it up and sent it to me. 
    

Do you have a go-to person for projects you don't know how to do? Please tell me I'm not the only one! If it's a knitting project for me, my Aunt Shirley is definitely my person. She's generous with her time and always does amazing work. I think everybody should have an Aunt Shirley. 

Shared at: Natasha in Oz, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., Hickory Trail, A Stroll Thru Life, Home Coming, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Tiny Sidekick, Fluster Buster, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, The Happy Housie, A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love

7 comments:

  1. Infinity skarf is great choice!I like your!Take a look on mine:
    http://freestilcreatingbyvilly.blogspot.gr/2014/02/infinity-scarves.html
    Have a great weekend and keep crafting!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

  2. Super cute scarf! I love that color on you!
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is really pretty and I love the colour of wool you chose for your design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice! I came from the Hickory Trail linky party and I'm a new follower. You have some great projects on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so pretty! I don't know how to knit and I don't have anyone close to me that knows how to either. So I'd be on my own making on of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Allison, wow your scarf came out so pretty! I love it and I do a little bit of knitting and I would love to try and make this, and I pinned it too. TFS at katie with an e.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the way I like to knit! The scarf is lovely and just what you wanted. Would love for you to share at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).