Tuesday, 7 January 2014

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Carob Chip Cookies

I feel as though I’ve been sharing a lot more recipes than usual lately but I guess that’s part of adjusting to a whole new way of eating.

I’ve got a good handle on my meals but am stull struggling with snacks. Today I made these cookies and they’re so delicious that even J, who is extremely picky, went back for more.


    
This recipe is based on this Flourless Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookie recipe from Domestic Fits.

Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 cup whole oats (If you’re trying to eat gluten-free, be sure you have gluten-free oats. I was surprised to learn that many of the main brands are cross-contaminated.)
1/2 cup (in my case a generous 1/2 cup) carob chips



Preheat oven to 350.
     
Put all ingredients in a large bowl and stir them together, being sure they are well-blended.

Scoop onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten with a fork.


     
Bake about 12 minutes, until the edges are slightly browned.

Allow to cool partially on cookie sheet before trying to remove, so that they don’t crack and crumble.

This recipe made 26 cookies and I probably ate another 2 cookies worth of batter before it was cooked.


Did you notice the beautiful blue plate? It's my special plate. My Aunt Anne gave it to me as a present, along with a matching bowl and mug, for Christmas one year. It was one of the last things she gave me before she passed away and I treasure it. No one else is allowed to use it and every time I use it, I think of her. Isn't it lovely?

3 comments:

  1. I love carob especially with peanut butter. Thanks for sharing at this weeks Creative Muster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I DID notice the plate AI! Very pretty!

    Looks like your new way of eating is really challenging you (in a good way) to experiment and find interesting, yummy recipes. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't list any carob in the recipe....just wondering what you put in.
    Thanks....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).