Wednesday, 1 January 2014

New Year, New Goal

It’s the time of the year when many of us find ourselves lost in contemplation and quiet reflection, asking ourselves what did we want to do, what have we done, and where do we want to go from here. I’m no exception to this.

This year I’ve decided to focus less on the stuff – purge (which won’t be easy for me because I’m already the opposite of a hoarder), avoid buying, stop spending money, ask myself whether the cost of something is worth the life-energy and time it would take to earn the money to pay for it.



I wrote a big long post explaining my current headspace and rationale for my new resolution but changed my mind. Perhaps later I’ll share. Or maybe not. Either way, it’s not important. What is important is refocusing on the things that matter and stop spending energy on the things that don’t.


3 comments:

  1. I have had this same conversation with myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you, the less stuff you have, the less stuff you have to manage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your way of thinking AI. I personally don't do resolutions. Don't really think they last for me, but I do believe in goals. I have so many goals for the year but none more important than selling our business. Keep your fingers and toes crossed it will happen!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).