Friday, 10 January 2014

DIY Workout Shirt

If you had asked me a year ago I never would have imagined that today I would consider myself a runner. I enjoyed walking/running but never anything serious. This summer I started actually training and now I typically run 5k (3.1 miles) anywhere from 2 to 5 times a week. Last night I ran my best time yet, 34:19, which may not be super fast but was quite good for me. 



After Christmas J and I bought a treadmill. While I still prefer running outside, it's nice to be able to run regardless of the weather. An added bonus is that when I'm running in the basement no one sees me, which leads me to this workout shirt. There are lots of tutorials on Pinterest but I just winged it. I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing it in public but, when I'm in the privacy of my basement, it's perfect!



Step 1: Find an old, worn out, too big t-shirt. This one is from university and is so worn out and stained that I really shouldn't even wear it as a pj shirt anymore.

Step 2: Cut off the arms, bottom, and neck. I went about an inch past the seam in all places.

Step 3: Turn the shirt over and cut a "v" in the back.

Step 4: Scrunch the back together. Take the piece cut from the bottom and tie it around the scrunched part.

Step 5: Put it on and go work out. Or put it on, take a few pictures, and then sit down on the couch. Yay for rest day. 


      
Shared at: Diana Rambles, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Lines Across, A Creative Princess, Sugar Bee Crafts

4 comments:

  1. I think 35 minutes for just over three miles is damn good! I used to power walk/jog and did that time also, but it was two miles. Lol. I actually had to stop because I injured my IT muscle and it's never fully recovered. It's funny, I've never had any injuries except those that are related to exercise. Maybe I should just be a couch potato ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I don't like the running shirts I get at races so I might just have to start converting them to look cute like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).