Saturday, 4 January 2014

Buffalo Turkey Meatballs

As some of you know, based on doctor’s orders I’ve been gluten and dairy free for several months now. One thing it has forced me to do is cook more and try new recipes. This recipe for buffalo turkey meatballs, which is modified from Shrinking Kitchen, is one of my favourites!



Ingredients:
1 pkg. ground turkey
1 egg
½ cup panko-style gluten-free breadcrumbs
¼ cup finely chopped onion
¼ cup finely chopped celery
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup hot sauce (I used Franks) - I'm heavy handed with my hot sauce because I love it!

Preheat the oven to 350 and prepare a baking sheet by covering it with tinfoil and spraying it with non-stick spray.


    
Put all the ingredients into a bowl and stir them together.


    
Form the mixture into small balls. I used a small ice cream scoop to make them all the same size. Once formed, place them on the baking sheet.


Cook until cooked through, about 25 minutes.


3 comments:

  1. Yumm! I better my hubby would love these and I like that they are WAY lighter than chicken wings. Win win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just pinned-these look like a great app or meal :-) love the flavors as well!
    Cathy
    www.threekidsandafish.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! Thanks for linking up at this week's Friday Pin Fest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).