Friday, 17 January 2014

52-Week Organizing Challenge: Weeks 1 & 2

For those of you who were with my last year, you may remember my resolution was to go through every room in my house, clean and purge, take photos, and fill in my insurance binder. I got most of the rooms done and then got stalled.

In an attempt to get back on track, and to continue working on my resolution of “focus less on the stuff”, I decided to try the 52 Weeks To An Organized Home by Home Storage Solutions 101.

I asked my dear friend Jen from Black Dog Blog if she’d be onboard and she emphatically said yes. Together, we’re tackling our houses. In order to facilitate this, I’ve started a private facebook group for us to post each week’s challenge and share our progress and I’ve decided to also share it here.

These posts will be very photo-heavy and I apologize in advance for the poor photos. I didn't worry about lighting when taking the pictures for these posts.

Week 1: Kitchen Counters and Table

The challenge started off with an easy week for me, as my kitchen is normally pretty tidy. With that said, I did find some things that could be put away, moved, or gotten rid of.   
   




This next set of photos is deceiving. I was in the process of trying to catch up on my scrapbooking (I'm very behind!) and had my supplies spread all over the table. I realize the cord looks messy but we have to plug in our cars regularly so it has to stay by the door.



Week 2: Kitchen Drawers and Cabinets

As with week one, this was a pretty easy one. I did have to do some rearranging but didn't have much to get rid of.




The cupboard in the middle is my tupperware cupboard and it drives me crazy! It looks better for now but I need to find a better solution.



The empty space in the above photos is deceiving. It's actually where my cookbooks belong but they're currently on my coffee table so I can go through them.



     
In the above picture you can't really see it but I used a couple of these stacking shelves for my baking pans. I'm loving them!      
       


The recycling has been bugging me for so long and yet I've put off doing anything about it. A simple fix was to bring up an empty container from the basement.

And of course Benson had to come say hello… 
      



    
No befores of my drawers. Sorry.


So are you in? If you decide to do this (or any) organizing challenge, I'd love to see it!


2 comments:

  1. I will be sharing this on my blog too... maybe not as many pictures but I will share! And, thanks for asking-- and the inspiration to get going and work on my house!!!

    Happy cleaning!!

    Jen and the Black Dog Crew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! That is quite a goal to hope to achieve! I would have to wait until I retire because I would never be able to get that done while I am working!!
    I am co hosting Fluster's Creative Muster Link Party and I want to thank you for linking up!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).