Saturday, 30 November 2013

Homemade Washi Tape Business Cards

Recently I’ve had several orders for bird’s nest pendants that I knew were going to be given as gifts. While I always include a thank you note to the buyer, I wanted to include some cards that the buyer could choose to include with the gift, showing where the pendants came from.

    
The first thing I did was create a card using publisher. I included the blog name, website, and Etsy shop in a clean, simple font.


     
I printed them off on card stock and cut them to size (2 x 3.5).

      
To finish them off, I added a strip of washi tape (my new love) to the bottom and then trimmed it to size.



I had a very limited selection of washi tape in the town where I live so when I made a trip to the city I bought a few more styles.

     
I love the simplicity and homemade feel of these cards. At first I was beating myself up because they aren’t nearly as fancy as the ones I saw online but I forced myself to get off Pinterest and get back to reality. I’m not a professional blogger but it’s a hobby that I enjoy. Ditto with jewelry making. The more I look at these cards, they more I feel they are a true reflection of my blog: homemade, slightly imperfect, but made with heart… and of course a little bit of dog hair.


Serenity you


Shared at: Life on Lakeshore Drive, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, A Stroll Thru Life, The Crafty Blog Stalker, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Ashley's Dandelion Wishes, 4 You With Love, A Creative Princess, What Meegan Makes, The Thriftiness Miss, Diana Rambles, A Conquered Mess, Serenity You, Snippets of Inspiration, Throwback Thursday

9 comments:

  1. These look great! What a good idea to send them along with your orders! Hopefully you'll have lots of return customers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always prefer home made cards to commercially made ones. They have more character and show more personality! Yours turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These turned out great. I had to laugh because I live in a rural area so I have to make trips to the city to get a variety of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always want your business card to stand out from the rest. Yours with the plain easy-to-read font and the washi accent would be keepers in my book. I use Pretty Tape on Etsy for my washi tape. Then I have to deem a project worthy of using it :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How creative and fabulous is this. Love it. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love your cards!! I was going to buy myself some new business cards in the new year, but you have inspired me to make my own, thank you!! I'll be featuring these on tomorrows Serenity Saturday link Party.

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute! I'm probably one of the few bloggers around who hasn't tried washi tape. Thanks for sharing your project with this week's Throwback Thursday party.

    Paula@SweetPea

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allison!! This is such a cute idea and they are so stylish. Thanks for sharing at Throwback Thursday.

    xoxo
    Denyse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to Modern Visiting Card . Modern Visiting Card is a simple and eye-catching Professional Business Card.This business card is ready to print! It can express your social and personal status!

    Features:
    >>>Fully Layered PSD files. >>>Fully Customizable and Editable with a click. >>>CMYK Setting. >>>300 DPI High Resolution. >>>3.5” x 2”(3.75” x 2.25” with bleed setting). >>>Print Ready Format.

    Files Includes:
    • 2 Photoshop PSD Files • 1 Readme File

    Free Fonts Used:
    Myriadpro-regular : Defualt ChunkFive : http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/ChunkFive

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).