Thursday, 17 October 2013

Halloween Tree and Other Decor


I wasn’t actually planning on decorating for Halloween this year. I don’t really like the holiday (actually that’s a huge understatement) and, given how overwhelmed I’ve been feeling I figured I’d skip it (the decorating, not the day). As you can see, I changed my mind.

     
First I brought out my jars I painted last year. These are one of my favourite seasonal crafts I’ve ever made!

     
Next I decided to set up my Halloween tree. Last year I found the stones, which include the cutest little silver skulls, and the ornaments at Michaels after Halloween marked down (I think 70% off) so I picked up a few packages of each. I poured the stones in the vase, placed some branches in among the stones, and then hung the ornaments on the branches.

    
I took the extra stones and sprinkled them around the dresser I decorate in place of a mantle and called it done.  Even though Halloween isn’t my thing, I love the decorations.



Shared at: Meegan Makes, A Conquered Mess, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., Maison de Pax, A Stroll Thru Life, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Clean and Scentsible, Ashley's Dandelion Wishes, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, Sew Much Crafting, 4 You With Love, The Crafty Blog Stalker

2 comments:

  1. How lovely and funny are these. I love them. I'm a new follower through GFC. Hope that you'll have time to visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jars. Sometimes decorating (and then having to un - decorate) can be so overwhelming and not worth it. I'd love it if you shared it on our linkup party this week! http://www.mylifeoftravelsandadventures.com/2013/10/trick-or-treat-part-4.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).