Thursday, 26 September 2013

September's Space: Hall Bath


Remember my resolution for 2013? I got a little off track during the summer but I’m back at it with an easy space for September: the hall bath. This was the bathroom the kids used when they lived with us and it's also the one for company. 



Part 1: Purge and Organize

This part was pretty easy. There were a few toiletries that D left when he moved to his mom’s that I got rid of. I also went through the space underneath the sink, which is where we keep our cleaning supplies.

Part 2: Insurance Documentation

This part was even easier than purging and organizing. There were no serial numbers to write down in this room so I took a few pictures, put them in my insurance binder, and called it done. This room has no natural light so it was hard to get good pictures but I did the best I could.


The artwork in this room is one of my favourite sets I've ever made, and was embarrassingly easy. If you want to make your own, here are the instructions.

Part 3: Taking Stock of What’s Still Needed

This room is pretty close to finished. I had the baseboard replaced and they still need to be sealed, and there’s a little patching and touching up that needs to be done on the wall by the toilet. I’d like to find something to go in place of the brown basket and perhaps a plant to finish the space.



What’s next?

I plan to update our master bathroom in the next month so that’s going to be my space for October. The plan is to paint, change out some accessories, and make it our own.  Check back at the end of October to see how I did.

Shared at: Serenity Saturday, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., Kathe With An E, Maison de Pax, Sugar Bee Crafts

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job! I'd love if you'd link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-31.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).