Friday, 20 September 2013

Our Honeymoon: Yellowstone National Park


The other day Lauren at The Thinking Closet featured my wedding scrapbook (one of my all-time favourite projects that you can see here and here and here) as part of her Reader Showcase. This made me realize I'd shared my wedding photos with you but never any from our honeymoon. Yes, I realize that it has been well over a year. Better late than never, right? J and I love to camp so we packed our tent and gear, got in the car, and drove to Yellowstone National Park. We camped just outside Yellowstone at an amazing little campsite in Montana and traveled in to the park during the day. 
        
    
Fountain Paint Pots   
  
     
Biscuit Basin   


      
Old Faithful



West Thumb Geyser Basin  
  

    
Our romantic honeymoon suite in Gallatin National Forest


    
Artist's Paintpots

    
One thing I really wanted to see on my trip was a bison,
 and we did. This was taken from the car window.


     
The gate at one of the entrances to the park

    
Unfortunately I got really sick and we had to come home earlier than planned. Once at home I went to the doctor and was treated for strepped throat and an ear infection. While it wasn't the ending I had hoped for, Yellowstone was definitely worth it!


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing.

    I appreciate your recent visit to my blog : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).