Tuesday, 10 September 2013

My First Card

A little while ago one of my oldest (in duration, not age) friends called and we had a very long chat. I was leaving to go away right after our conversation and knew I wouldn't be able to talk to her for a while, but wanted to make sure she knew I was thinking about her. Want to know something strange about me? I love to scrapbook and have for years but until recently I had not made a card. Weird, huh? Anyway, this conversation brought me to making my very first card. 





It's nothing fancy but I think it turned out ok. She's the type of friend who appreciates the gesture so I didn't worry that it wasn't fantastic but knew she would love that I made it just for her. I really enjoyed creating it! The simplicity and quickness of making a card definitely suits my crafting style and I think I need to make some more to improve my skills and build a little stockpile.

Shared at: The Crafty Blog Stalker, A Creative Princess, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Crafting, 4 You With Love, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, The Thriftiness Miss, Meegan Makes, Diana Rambles, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, C.R.A.F.T., Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts

5 comments:

  1. It's perfect! I did cards for years, but never any of the super fancy ones. The simpler and quicker ones were more of my personality and my friends appreciated getting "the real me" in them. I'll be standing by the mail box awaiting the next card you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You've been nominated for a Liebster Award! Head over to my blog and accept it :)

    - Alma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the recipient will be very happy! There is something special about handmade gifts...they are made with love ;) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You've been nominated for Liebster award !
    http://minaandherblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    greetings,
    Yasmina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).