Saturday, 7 September 2013

Microwave Cart Mini-Makeover


This is such a mini-makeover that I'm not even sure if I can actually call it a makeover but I love the results so here you go...

     
Last year the kitchen supplies and appliances in my classroom sat on a table, which was a messy eyesore. I knew I wanted a microwave stand and had two requirements: it had to be cheap and it had to be white. I finally found one this summer at a big box store that almost fit the bill. The exception was the wood trim.


I brought it home, had J put it together, and started thinking about the best way to paint out the wood when it dawned on me: washi tape. I have to admit I was late to jump on the washi tape wagon and only own one roll but it was perfect. 



I took the cart into my classroom to get to work. I taped around all the wood and it made a huge difference. Now all my dishes are stored on the bottom, the middle holds the microwave, and the top holds the coffee pot and other things that are frequently used.


     
By the way, don’t you love the paint colour? The room was white last year and this summer maintenance painted it. I was nervous about the colour and didn’t want it to be too blue but I think it’s perfect!



Shared at: Serenity You, With A Sparkle, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, The Crafty Blog Stalker, A Creative Princess, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Crafting, 4 You With Love, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, The Thriftiness Miss, Meegan Makes, A Conquered Mess

5 comments:

  1. You know AI, you're not the only one late to the Washi party. I still haven't used any. I don't understand why craft stores don't carry it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison,

    Found you on Serenity! So glad I did. I'm also highlighting you in my Blog Stalking Sundays series, check it out on my blog.
    Enjoying your blog.

    Wendy @ effiegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! This may be a mini makeover but it seriously made such a difference!!! I love those cute little polka dots :)

    Xo Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Now if only I could get a microwave in my portable!

    Thanks for joining Saturday Share!

    Shannon @ Mamamusing

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never used Washi either. And I agree totally with Kylie above...this may be a mini makeover, but the results are really amazing in how it looks. Who ever said we have to totally obliterate and start over to call it a makeover? I love the polka dots!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).