Saturday, 14 September 2013

I Was Nominated For A Liebster Award


I have exciting news; I was nominated not once, but twice, for a Liebster Award! Seriously, I was so thrilled I did my happy dance.

I was nominated by the lovely Alma at A Conquered Mess, who blogs about anything related to home and family. Her blog including great ideas for organizing and recipes that look delicious, as well as a regular link party.

I was also nominated by Yasmina from Mina & Her Blog. She's fairly new to blogging and already has a wide range of things posted, including a cute printable to do list and some great ways to have a relaxed morning.

    
Now I’m accepting my award and passing it on. The rules for accepting the award are pretty simple:

1. Link back to the one who nominates you
2. Answer the 10 questions the nominator has for you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees
5. Notify your nominees 
     
I decided that rather than answer all 20 questions (because that’s a lot of reading for you, lovely readers), I’d pick 5 from each.


Here are the first five questions, taken from the list Alma asked, and my answers.

1. What do you hope to achieve with your blog?

Honestly, I’m not really sure. For now I enjoy sharing my projects with others and having a record for myself of what I’ve accomplished. I guess I'll see where it takes me.

2. If you could have any job in the world, which one would you want?

I have two. Believe it or not, one is the job I already have: teaching grades 7 – 12 at an alternate school. I truly love my job, my colleagues are fantastic, my students make me smile every day, and the subjects are fascinating. The other would be to be a professional organizer. I love purging and sorting and organizing, both in my own home and for others. Hmmm, I'd also love to make and sell my crafts so maybe that's three.

3. Who do you admire the most?

My mother. She’s amazing! If I can be half the woman she is, I’ll be doing all right. Love you mama.

4. What is in your purse right now? Tell me EVERYTHING! 

I was going to skip this one but I found it fascinating to actually dig through everything in my purse. I have a VERY large purse! Are you ready for this? I carry around a wallet, 2 reusable shopping bags, a measuring tape, a camera in camera case, peppermint essential oil, DigestZen essential oil, an eos lip balm (my favourite), 4 pens, 2 highlighters, 2 fabric scraps, a paint chip, a sheet with our basement measurement, earphones, gum, Altiods, my WW record book and membership card, earrings, and a cell phone. Also in my purse is a purple cosmetic bag which contains tampons, a mirror, bobby pins, safety pins, a dog poop bag,hair elastic, Tylenol, Pepto, tissues, body mist, hand lotion, hand sanitizer, Tide-to-Go, Bandaids, inhaler, lip butter, and lip balm. Yep, it's a really big purse.

5. What do you like the least about yourself?

I’m a perfectionist. Because of this, I don’t like to start things until I think I can complete them perfectly, which causes me to procrastinate.

    
The next 5 questions and answers are from Yasmina's list.

6.What is your favourite color?

Purple is my favourite colour for sure! However, for decorating I tend to go for blues and neutrals and for clothing I mostly stick with black.

7. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?

I love anything I don’t have to cook so my first pick would be take out. If I’m cooking I love any sort of pasta. By the way, did you know the only meat I eat is poultry? No beef, pork, or seafood for me. I think it’s gross.

8. What was your childhood dream?

I wanted to be a teacher for most of my life, except a short period of insanity in high school when I thought I wanted to be a cop. When I was younger I thought I’d be teaching little kids but other than that I’m doing what I wanted to do.

9.What is your favorite book? 

Tough one… I think my favourite is To Kill a Mockingbird and Still Alice is a close second. I love to read almost anything (except science fiction) and have a special soft spot for teen lit. 

10. Are you a morning person?

Absolutely! I get up early, go to work very early, and am always most productive in the morning. I’m less productive in the afternoon, and in the evening I accomplish nothing.


And now for my nominees...
Nat @ North Shore Days
Jen @ de Jong Dream House
Ashley @ With A Sparkle
Danielle @ Snippets of Inspiration
Jenna @ 24 Cottonwood Lane
    
So for my nominees, here are your questions:
1. What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
2. Would you rather be poor and famous or rich and unknown?
3. Are there any trends you really dislike? If so, that are they?
4. What are three words that describe your personality?
5. What’s your favourite song?
6. Would you rather go on a relaxing vacation or an adventurous vacation?
7. What are your pet peeves?
8. Who was your favourite teacher?
9. What is your best childhood memory?
10. Schedule: pronounced sk or sh?


5 comments:

  1. Congrats! You're very deserving since you have a wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you and your cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you and your Liebster award! So exciting! And thanks for nominating me but I've already received this award! :) Check out my post about it here: http://www.mysnippetsofinspiration.com/liebster-award/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations AI! I'm so happy for you! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to answer 5 & 5 questions lol. That's a whole lot of stuff in one purse, and here I thought I was the only one to carry a bunch of stuff around! And you love essential oils too! I'm going to host a giveaway for a doTERRA Peppermint, Lavender and Lemon soon, you should stop by to enter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).