Sunday, 29 September 2013

Gluten-Free Cheesecake Squares


Am I the only one who starts salivating at the mention of cheesecake? I don’t know what it is about it but it’s just so delicious! This is a recipe I’ve been making since I was a teenager and it hasn’t failed me yet so I decided to make it for our recent staff party.


   
Ingredients:

Crust
Graham cracker crumbs / Graham cracker-style crumbs
Butter

Filling
2 packages cream cheese (250g each)
½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs


    
Step 1: Prepare crust following instructions on box. I had never used gluten free fake graham cracker crumbs but they were easy to use. Press into dish.

Step 2: Blend cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Add in eggs.

Step 3: Pour filling into crust and bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes (or until center is almost set). Remove from oven, cool, and refrigerate.


    
It’s meant to be cooked in a round crust but I decided to make it in a rectangular dish and cut it into squares so it would go farther. The cooking time above is for a round pan but I cut it down by about 8 minutes.

To serve I had three different toppings: cherry pie filling, chocolate sauce, and homemade blueberry jam. That way people could choose one (or more) depending on appealed to them.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the idea that they could top it how they liked! Gonna give this a go! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Allison, I was just thinking on making some cheesecake for the guys this weekend. This is a great easy recipe, thank you so much for sharing at the Fluster Buster party! Have a great week, Lizy your party co host.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw these on G+ and now I am super hungry! :) Must pin!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).