Sunday, 1 September 2013

Book Club and Rocky Road Squares


Last week our book club met again, this time to discuss The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Shaffer and Annie Barrows. I don’t want to tell you about it because I don’t want to ruin it but it’s an easy, entertaining read and I highly recommend it!!

     
For our meeting I decided to make a never-fail recipe from my mama for Rocky Roads. They’re so quick and easy that I was able to whip them up after school and have them ready to take with me a couple hours lately.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 cup of butter
1 cup of icing sugar
1 egg
2 cups mini marshmallows
9 graham cracker squares
Baking spray

Optional:
Coconut – just enough to sprinkle, less than 1/4 cup

    
Melt chocolate chips, butter, icing sugar, and egg over low heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool.

    
While mixture is cooling, spray the sides of a 9x9 baking dish with baking spray and cover the bottom with graham cracker squares. I have to cut mine slightly to make them sit flat.

     
Once the mixture has cooled enough that it won’t melt the marshmallows, stir them in and poor over graham cracker squares.

     
Sprinkle the top with toasted coconut and place in the fridge to cool before cutting and serving.

     
Mine are not the prettiest but I was rushing to get out the door. Despite appearances, they were delicious and by the end of the evening the plate was empty.



Life on Lakeshore Drive

Shared at: Lines Across, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, A Creative Princess, 4 You With Love, The Thriftiness Miss, Serenity Saturday, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Kathe with an E, Snippets of Inspiration, The Thriftiness Miss

8 comments:

  1. Oh my word! These rocky road squares sound delicious and so easy to whip up. Pinning for sure! I'd be thrilled if you'd come on over to Pink Recipe Box and link up at Creative Wednesdays: http://pinkrecipebox.com/creative-wednesdays-with-pink-recipe-box-7/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My reader is just full of amazing looking treats today... these in particular look incredible! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so delicious and easy! I always loved Rocky Road ice cream! Visiting from Weekend Wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe :) I love anything rocky road! I'll have to check out those books too.. I'm not up to pick the next book for our club for a while but it's always good to have a couple in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so delicious! Thank you so much for sharing this week at A Bouquet of Talent. I just featured it at Pick of the Bunch. I also pinned and tweeted. :)

    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super delicious looking brownies!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank's for your information and i like yoour post is very nice, two thumb up for your
    do you might also like mutiarabijak.com kata mutiara dan bijak cinta, obat penyakit stroke

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).