Tuesday, 6 August 2013

Pinterest Fail: Taped Flower Arrangement


I’m sure you’ve seen those pins with the beautiful flower arrangements, held in place by tape. The concept seems logical enough: make a grid with the tape to hold the flowers in place. Jesse bought me some beautiful flowers for our anniversary so I thought I’d give it a try.

   
I taped the mouth of my vase, placed the flowers through spaces, and stood back to admire my handiwork.

   
It wasn’t awful but it sure wasn’t good. I had a hard time getting the flowers into the places I wanted, and I could totally see all the tape. I tried hiding it with some leaves but it still wasn’t good.


I took the tape off and rearranged the flowers. Much better.

    
There may have been a few reasons this didn’t work: my vase was too small, the tape was too thick, the flowers weren’t leafy enough. Who knows. Either way, I’d say it was a fail. At least it wasn't as bad as my (not) dried strawberries...

On a completely unrelated note, a dear friend Jen came to visit last week. You can check her out at Black Dog Blog. We had a great time catching up and seeing the sights in this part of the province. When she came, she brought me s present including this amazing cozy that she knit. Isn't it beautiful? It's her first project knitting cables and I love it!



Shared at: A Creative Princess, Sew Much Crafting, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, The Thriftiness Miss, Diana Rambles, Serenity Saturday

3 comments:

  1. Bummer that the tape didn't work - but the flowers are beautiful! Hope you have a great evening!

    Danielle
    SewMuchCrafting.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh! My cozy made it on the blog!! :) Hope you are enjoying it!!!!

    Jen and the mostly Black Dog Crew...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to know this didn't work! I'd have tried and been frustrated!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).