Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Easy Picture Frame Update


It has taken me a while to find my design style. I’m only 31 and this is my first house. When J and I first moved in we had a mixture of (mostly crappy) furniture with no real rhyme or reason to it. At first we stuck to buying basics: lots of browns, beiges, and silver. Over time, I have come to discover I really like neutrals but I also like white and pops of colour, which leads me to this project.


I was cleaning the other day and realized most of my frames (except the wedding ones that I painted brown and purple) are silver. I decided to use some spray paint that I had on hand and change things up.


The frames are from two different spots. The white dented one lives on my ledge with a picture of little man in it. The other two live on the bottom of one of our side tables. These photos include all of J and my grandparents. I blurred out their faces because I wasn’t sure they’d want them on the interwebs.


Two of the frames I painted white and for the third I decided to go with a blue. As I did the first coat of the blue, I liked how the silver showed through. I went with it, giving it a patchy second coat and actually adding a bit of silver paint to one area that looked too blue.

Not sure why the frame looks grey here... It really is pretty white.

The end result is that for no money (I already had the spray paint) and very little time (about 15 minutes) I have three revamped picture frames that make me smile and make my photos even more lovely. 


So back to my design style, I think I've decided to stick with my neutrals and add pops of colour on small accessories and accents. What about you? Do you have a design style? How has it evolved? 

Shared at: Someday Crafts, A Creative Princess, Sew Much Crafting, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles

3 comments:

  1. Hi
    Its very impressive..i adore on seeing your frames and have to appreciate your interest on these type of things..Thanks for sharing your ideas with us..

    Entertainment

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Paint! Super chic great job! I posted anchor dress to the party. Stop over:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).