Sunday, 21 July 2013

Decorated Wedding Frame Present


One of my best friends Amanda got married yesterday and I was thrilled to be part of this special day.  She said they didn’t want any presents but I wanted to have something for the lovely couple so I made them this decorated wedding picture frame. I got my inspiration from a house-warming frame and tweaked it to work from the bride and groom.



Supplies:
Frame (I bought mine at Michaels)
Scrapbook paper
Stickers (letters, words, and flowers)
Twine
Edger
Paper cutter and scissors
Tape and glue

I've got my Diet Coke and two furry helpers. What more could I want?


I think this is the kind of project that really doesn’t need much explanation. She's taking his last name, and that's what is in the top left corner that I've blacked out. If  you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments.





Update: Here's a picture of Amanda and I on her wedding day. She didn't want to do the traditional white dress big church wedding.  Instead Amanda and her husband had a short ceremony with myself and the groom's father as witnesses, followed by a lovely dinner with some friends and family. It was a fabulous day and both the bride and groom seemed really happy with how things went. I think Amanda looked stunning and the dress totally goes with her personality and style! Can you see why I went with red and black for the frame? 



  Shared at: C.R.A.F.T., Snippets of Inspiration, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Someday Crafts, The 36th Avenue, A Creative Princess, Sew Much Crafting, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, The Thriftiness Miss, Throwback Thursday

7 comments:

  1. How completely adorable! What a sweet idea and a lovely gesture.

    Love this so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Monday Funday!

    Take care,

    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a very nice idea, very sweet! love the colors red and black together!
    Ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! A lovely idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done! Great color combo and I love your drawings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty frame and sweet wedding present. Visiting from the link up (Life on Lakeshore Avenue). Happy Sunday
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).