Friday, 5 July 2013

Car Garbage Box

I do not believe in having a clean vehicle. My SUV doesn't get washed regularly and, while I don't want it to be disgustingly dirty, I accept that it is used almost every day and as such will not be pristine. I seem to always have at least three pairs of glasses and sunglasses in the front, D always has a few random things in the back seat, and the far back is set up for the dogs, with cage and blankets being permanent fixtures.



However, one thing I hate in my car is garbage. There seems to be a never-ending supply of gum wrappers, napkins, and straw packaging. Almost as much as I hate garbage, I hate having a plastic bag hanging from the gear stick to contain the garbage. After looking around for ideas, I decided that I liked the idea of a cardboard garbage container, like this one from Hope Studios, and decided to make my own.



To start, I found a cereal box that fit in the door, marked a straight line across the box, and cut it with a utility knife. I decided I wanted to make the front slightly lower so I traced the edge of my phone. In retrospect, this was a waste of time.



Next I wrapped it with wrapping paper and tape. It's just cheap stuff from the dollar store but I love the colour and lines. I didn't worry too much about the inside because I planned on putting a bag in it.



Finally I added a supermarket bag and placed it in the door of the car. I love how it looks and it seems like it'll be practical for collecting all the little scraps that drive me crazy (no pun intended). 

Shared at: Diana Rambles

1 comment:

  1. Found you on the Bloglovin' blog hop at Kathe with an E. I love this idea, it's so simple and cute! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).