Saturday, 29 June 2013

Veggies


Remember my veggies I planted in May? They’re doing very well – much better than the ones I started from seed last year.
 
Celery, Herbs, Peppers, Tomatoes, Cucumbers
Please ignore the grass. We're killing it off.

Here’s the cucumber plant. There are five or six little cucumbers growing so far.



My gold and green peppers are doing very well. The habanero peppers are starting to grow but are still very tiny.



My celery is looking very green and healthy. I can’t believe how full the leaves are.



I have lots of mini tomatoes. The plant is still flowering so there are lots more to come, and some of the current tomatoes are starting to turn.



The only unsuccessful veggie this year was my lettuce. It went to seed at the start of June. I’m not sure why but I’m thinking it’s because it was too hot outside. I took it out and replaced it with a couple herbs.

Thankfully the cage J built is keeping them safe from the dogs and I should get to enjoy the fruits veggies of my labour this summer.

Shared at: Serenity You, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Hickory Trail, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster Buster, Ginger Snap Crafts

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. I love it when a plan comes together. I wish I had some tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at your blossoms & fruit! Last year was such a HOT summer. It was my first garden and I learned a lot. This summer has been so much cooler & wetter and I am very pleased with my garden!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).