Saturday, 22 June 2013

Southern Alberta Flooding... Close to Home


As you may or may not know, I live in Southern Alberta. As you also may or may not know, Southern Alberta is currently being devastated by horrific flooding. As of last night there were 28 current emergency alerts, 9 of which are considered “imminent life threatening danger” and there were an additional 3 that have been lifted. They're saying it's the "flood of a century".



I was going to put a picture or two of the flooding but every time I look through them I am so saddened. Instead, above is the Bow River and below is me on the bank of the river in Canmore. This is a place J and I visit several times a year, dream of possibly moving some day, and is where we got married last July.


Thankfully, my community is safe and dry, as we are in between the two rivers but not close to either of them. Unfortunately, many others are not so lucky. People all around us (literally, within an hour west, north, and south) are under mandatory evacuations from the water or from the potential for flash flooding as the water moves down stream. Please keep my fellow Albertans in your thoughts and prayers right now.   

Shared at: Lines Across, Kathe with an E, Sugar Bee Crafts

1 comment:

  1. What a crazy phenomenon... sending good prayers up for you Albertans right now...we are in BC and my whole brother-in-laws family in in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).