Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Painting My Closet

I love my closet. It was one of the selling features of this house. It’s very large and strangely shaped, with double closet doors that open to about 2/3s of it and the other 1/3 being hidden behind the shower wall. Also, it's in the ensuite bathroom, which sounds odd but is so convenient. 



Here’s me in the closet when we first bought the house. This is not a great photo and I debated posting it but decided that, because I was excited enough to have a picture of me in the closet, I really should share it with you. Also, it looks white in this photo but it isn't. It's actually builder's beige like the rest of our house.




At first I wasn’t sure how to best make use of the space so I put in a few random pieces of furniture and called it good enough. This is how it stayed for the first couple years.




Eventually I was annoyed with the way I was using the space so I bought a shelving system at Canadian Tire and a few extra shelves at Walmart. I didn't fix any holes or attach it to the wall but just moved it into place. It was much better and worked well for another couple years.




Which brings us to recently. 

I have been working to lose weight and be healthier (yay WW) and have started hating my closet. I have realized I have too much clothes and very little of it fits. It’s too big, too small, worn out, awkward, whatever. I’m working through it as my June space. While working through it, I decided to repaint the walls white. Remember my post about white closets?



J took the closet doors off and I took everything out of the closet, patched the holes, and prepared my supplies.



I then painted the closet white. It took two coats and I actually ran out of paint so part of it got finished with leftover ceiling paint. Oh well. I can’t see the difference.



Once the paint was dry I put all my shelving back in. Now it’s all clean and fresh and ready for me to start moving my clothing back in. Check back at the end of the month to see what I’ve done with the clothes.



Shared at: Ginger Snap Crafts, Hickory Trail, Fluster Buster, Clean and Scentsible, The 36th Avenue, Sew Much Crafting, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, My Snippets of Inspiration, Lines Across, Kathe with an E, Sugar Bee Crafts

2 comments:

  1. I love how the simple things, like a closet, can bring a smile to your face. Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

    Robin @ Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for linking-up at Pin It Monday Hop#14. We appreciate for taking the time to share your post with us. If you have extra time, please stop by and check what other Bloggers are sharing. See you JudyPursuit Of Functional Home

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).