Friday, 21 June 2013

Odds and Ends Around the House


Because my space for this month is my closet J and I have tackled a few extra improvement projects around the house.  These perhaps aren’t the most exciting things but, seeing as this blog is also a reminder for me of what has been done, I thought I‘d share.



To start, when my closet was emptied, J spent several hours in the attack reattaching our ceiling fan hose, as there was some lose space or something wasn’t vapor-barriered or something. To be honest, I have no idea what he did up there. My job was to stand on the toilet and pass things up through the hole. 



While the attic was open, I redid the weather stripping around the hatch. If you look in the corner, you can see J's foot up there. This was something the home inspector told us to do when we bought the house and we did. Unfortunately it was coming off. Seeing as we have now finished everything we need to do in the attic, I put on a few fresh pieces.



Last but not least, we’ve been noticing the toilet in the hall bath has been making noises and flushing randomly. Turns out it needed a new gasket and was leaking. Rather than just replacing the gasket, we bought a new dual-flush, insulated tank toilet. In our area if you switch to low water appliances and buy them locally (instead of going to a big box store in the city) you get a $50 rebate on your water bill. I wanted one for environmental reasons but the rebate was an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).