Monday, 3 June 2013

Dinosaur Park 5k


Do you have a place close by that absolutely amazes you? For me, that’s Dinosaur Provincial Park. It’s a World Heritage Site and it's close enough that we head there a few times a year for some hiking. We also head there every spring for the Pump It Up Run.

This is the view from the road about half a kilometer into the run.

The first year I did the run, I went with a friend and took part in the 3k. Every year since then (for the past four years) J and I have both done the 5k, although he runs fast and I typically alternate between walking and running (although this year was more walking).
 
Can you believe I didn't enhance this photo? Isn't the landscape incredible?



This year was D’s first year in the race so of course I had to snap some photos. He stayed with me for the first three kilometers and then ran ahead for the last two. I think he enjoyed it and he said he’d like to go again next year.

D, at the top of the hill. This is about 2k into the run.

I realize that I'm not in fantastic shape and definitely don't look like a runner but I really enjoy doing 5ks, especially when J and D are with me. I've signed us up for a Colour Run at the end of this month, and I'm sure I'll post some pictures from that one too.

Shared at: Kathe With an E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Fluster Buster, Hickory Trail, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Crafting, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Serenity You

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! I have yet to visit that park, but I would like to one day! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so not a runner. More of a walker type. I admire those who are all athletic and do 5 k's and such though! I was the girl who tried to avoid gym class like the plague in high school haha. Maybe one day I myself will try something like this-you never know! I do enjoy dance as a form of fitness as far as that goes. Thanks for stopping by We Live Inspired to say Hi today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).