Sunday, 19 May 2013

The Garden Is In



Before I get into my post I want to let you know I finally started a Facebook page. If you'd like to check it out, the address is https://www.facebook.com/Alspolkadotsandpaisley.


I’m so excited to finally have things growing in the yard again. After last year’s eggshell seedlings, I decided to buy vegetable plants that were all ready started. I have planted cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and lettuce. Hopefully the cage J built last year (after Benson ate my cucumber plant) will keep the dogs out of my veggies this year.




Please ignore the mess of grass and weeds and dirt. We plan on enlarging our stone walk to make a stone patio and it will cover this space. I’m hoping it’ll happen this summer.



I also cleaned out my front flowerbed and got that planted. I lost a lot of plants this year; only three survived the winter. Our grass also looks horrible and we’ve been watering it daily. The woman at the nursery said that it’s because we had very little snow this winter. Either way, it made me sad. I replanted the back row with perennials and the front with a mix of perennials and annuals. For now it looks sparse but it will fill in once they grow.


The top row shows the plants that came back. I don’t know the names of two of them and also my bleeding heart. On a positive, this is the first time in 4 years that we’ve had a tree survive the winter.


Last but not least, I planted some annuals in pots. This one is on the front step and a smaller version of it is on the side step. I love the instant improvement placing some plants around can make. It’s such an easy way to make a house look loved.

Shared at: Kathe With An E, Fluster Buster, Clean & Scentsible, Hickory Trail, A Creative Princess, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Natasha In Oz

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! My garden all messy now... I'm in OKC- we just got hit by a nasty tornado :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wooden planters! Thanks for linking with HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love planter gardens! Thank you for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).