Saturday, 25 May 2013

Puzzle Piece Bulletin Board


A few weeks ago I showed you my Painted Vases and Paper Lollies that were the centerpieces for our Education Week tea. That post got me thinking about why it is that I rarely share anything from school with you. For me, teaching goes well beyond a job. Those who know me know that my career often takes priority over everything else. This isn’t always a positive thing but it is something that those who love me and are important in my life understand and accept. Being a teacher is a huge part of my identity and an integral part of how I define myself.  



With that thought, I’ve decided maybe I shouldn’t work so hard to keep that aspect of myself closed off from you. It’s not much, but to start here’s a bulletin board that I put together a couple weeks ago. This board was pretty simple to make. A TA cut out the words with a Cricut and I copied a bunch of puzzle pieces from a random picture online. The staff and students then decorated them and a student helped me hang them all up. The photo is a bit blurry because I took it with my iPhone but I like that because it blurs the names on the puzzle pieces. I also blacked out the name of my school.

So there you have a glimpse into another (very important) aspect of my life. It’s going to be a process to become comfortable with sharing more about school with you but hopefully I’ll adjust. I know a lot of my readers aren’t teachers but maybe you’ll get some inspiration from my work projects that can translate for you.

Shared at: Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Artsy-Fartsy Mama

1 comment:

  1. Love it! I should create that for my classroom for the fall! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).