Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Linen Closet Solution


I love my linen closet. It’s perfectly placed in the hallway across from the bedroom and provides lots of storage. It’s been very functionally serving our needs for the past four years.


This is what it used to look like… sort of. This picture misrepresents the amount of stuff it’s supposed to hold. I had been slacking on laundry and was in the midst of doing several loads of towels.

The one thing annoyed me with the closet was that the shelves were so far apart, causing a lot of wasted space. I looked in to get some baskets that hung under the shelves but I couldn’t find them in Canada and refused to pay $40 for shipping. Seriously, I live 2 hours from the US border. Why is shipping so much? Boo!


Rather than pay that much for baskets I dug through my basement and found a few blue baskets that would work. I don’t love the look of them but they serve the purpose. I screwed two screws in for each basket and hung them on the wall. Then I rolled up our facecloths and placed them in the baskets.


By moving the cloths off the shelf, I now have plenty of space for everything else. It also allows me to use some wasted wall space. I’d done laundry so you can see what it looks like with more towels in it, and I’ll be talking about it more when I review my space for May: the hallway and linen closets.

Shared at: Hickory Trail, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Fluster Buster, A Creative Princess, Someday Crafts, Sew Much Crafting, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Life on Lakeshore Drive, Natasha In Oz, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Organizing Made Fun

7 comments:

  1. GREAT idea! I have a totally messy linen closet right now, and I am pinning this idea! You could always buy dollar store baskets too, which is what I'm probably going to do. Thanks!

    www.domesticblisssquared.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise when the stack of wash cloths tumble off the shelf while I am reaching behind them. Very clever idea. I will definitely be "borrowing" this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Allison! It does look better filled with towels. Thanks for coming by and partying with us. Have a funtastic week!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea but I am with you on the baskets. Maybe it's the color of them!
    I wish all the time that I had a linen closet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same closet as yours. What I did right now is that I bought some baskets from IKEA and organized all my stuffs in there. It's pretty amazing how it turned out well.

    Varcity

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many ways to go about organizing your closet. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these closet storage solutions  definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).