Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Lime Fruit Dip & Chocolate Fruit Dip


Have I got a treat for you today (pun totally intended): two recipes in one. I recently had to bring a desert to work and wanted something healthy and light but still yummy. I made Lime Fruit Dip and Chocolate Fruit Dip.


Lime Fruit Dip

Ingredients
1.5 cups whipped topping
1.5 cups lime yogurt 

With a spoon mix the ingredients together.

This is a recipe I got from my mom, who typically uses raspberry yogurt but you could use whatever flavor appeals to you. You could also use more or less yogurt, depending on the flavor you choose.

Chocolate Fruit Dip

Ingredients 
1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups whipped topping

Using a mixer, blend the cream cheese and sugar. Next, blend in the cocoa and vanilla. Finally, blend in the whipped topping.

This is a recipe from Taste of Home, which I modified to make it less fattening. It’s so good I could eat it with a spoon. Seriously. Amazing. 



To serve with the dips I cut up pineapple, strawberries, and apples. I tossed the apples in lemon juice because I cut them up in the morning and didn't want them browning. 

All together, this desert was easy and delicious. I think it will become a go-to for me for summer barbecues and potlucks.

Shared at: Someday Crafts, A Creative Princess, Sew Much Crafting, Artsy-Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Natasha In Oz, Life On Lakeshore Drive, Lines Across, Kathe With An E, Hickory Trail, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Ginger Snap Crafts, Fluster Buster

4 comments:

  1. Oh this sounds soooooooo good. Thanks for the recipe. I would love for you to link up to my ongoing party Inspire Me. - -http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/05/166th-inspire-me-tuesday.html. Hope to see you there. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Please! This sounds delicious! Thank you for linking up at HickoryTrail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these look so yummy! Thank you for sharing with us at Monday Funday. :) Bonnie @ Uncommon Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy, need to try this thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog.
    Desiree @ YourCraftyFriend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).