Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Cupboard Bulletin Board


In April I was working on the kitchen as my resolution space. I'll show it to you in a couple days. It's amazing how many things I crossed off my to do list, including this cupboard bulletin board I've been wanting to do for a while. 



It all started with the Kitchen Recipe Board by Angie at Echoes of Laughter. Brilliant! At the time we had a piece of paper taped to the inside of our cupboard with our meal list and I thought this would be a much more attractive and practical use of the space.

Supplies needed:
Cork panels
White glue
Masking tape
Pushpins and decorations

Optional supplies:
Paint
Stencil
Foam brush

Step 1: Cover back of panel in white glue.



Step 2: Push in place and attach with masking tape until dry. At first I didn't have on enough masking tape and it was sliding so be sure to use lots.



Step 3: Decorate.



Optional step: If you want, you can paint a design using a stencil to jazz up your panels. I put the first one up and realized it looked plain, so added a design to the bottom one. When I do this for the inside of other cupboards, I’ll do this step first.



Now our meal list looks a lot better and I have lots of space to add recipes I want to try or things I want to remember. I'd like to put a few more in other cupboards, like the one by the phone to hold business cards and such. I’m skeptical about how well it will hold so I’m waiting a while before I put up any more.

Shared at: A Creative Princess, Artsy Fartsy Mama, Diana Rambles, Natasha in Oz, Lines Across, Kathe with an E, Sugar Bee Crafts, Clean & Scentsible, Fluster-Buster, Hickory Trail, Ginger Snap Crafts, Organizing Made Fun

8 comments:

  1. It looks so great Al! Isn't it so useful to have in the kitchen? Can you mail me some of those brownies? LOl!They look SO good! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Found you on A Creative Princess link up. What a great idea. I think I'm going to try this. Pinned and now following on Bloglovin'
    ~Jackie @ The Non-Martha Momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this project. I would love to put a cork board in one of my kitchen cabinets, it would be super handy. Thanks for the inspiration. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea - I've been working on different ways to organize my kitchen, I'll be adding this one to my list. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster Party!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I am a new follower from southern charm! I would love for you to check out my blog and follow me back! Nicole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome idea! I'm totally doing this to mine so I can keep our weekly menu's and grocery list! Pinned!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently did this inside my scrapbook armoir....I never even thought of it for the kitchen. I LIKE it :-)

    stopping by to visit from Fluster’s Creative Muster Wednesday Linky Party
    Carolyn @ iamthecraftylady.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I love to hear from you and look forward to responding to your comments (unless you're a no-reply blogger).